To be or not to be…

May 5, 2009 at 4:13 pm 1 comment

The days before you know what is “to be” are always a little mystical in some ways. You know SOMEthing will happen, either option A or option B, and you know that you are about to find out, as your story gets written before your eyes. But you just don’t know what it will be… yet.

With a 5 day transfer, the 2ww is really a 1ww. With DD, I knew 6 days after the transfer, which is even less than a week, and yet as I was revisiting some of my emotions from that wait: (What I felt in 2ww in my successful fresh cycle) it sure felt like forever before it became clear that I was to be blessed with a happy ending. I sure didn’t miss out on my share of tears and worrying and doubting. I had even become pretty sure the cycle is probably a bust.

This time around, emotions are a little calmer. I am still thinking about it 24/7, frequenting FET boards and reading all about FETs – just that I feel a little bit more calm about whatever the outcome will be. I realize that I still have 5 frosties to try with, if things don’t work out and of course to some degree that adds to the reason I’m calmer this time around, but also, I think, just not going through the full rigor of a fresh cycle makes a huge difference.

Still… I am eager to know just what is in the cards. Its always such an anxious feeling, the knowledge, that in just a few more days, I’ll know with relative certainty how this piece of my story gets written and how differently I’ll be impacted in each case. And the reason it still feels hard is that I realize that no matter how many studies I research, no matter how many FET stories I read, no matter how many statistics I see – nothing out there will tell me MY outcome. Nothing short of waiting and finding out.

Sometimes when I think that in a few days I’ll know, it makes my heart do a flip and I start feeling a mere step away from becoming obsessive. But no, no 100s of hidden pee stix like last time 🙂 I did go out today and buy my tests so that they are ready to go, but I figure I’ll try to hold out till friday or saturday before trying for a sneak peak with a hpt.

I pray that whatever happens God gives me peace with the outcome. Till then… I don’t yet know…


Entry filed under: 1.

My Transfer Looks like I might have to be at this a little while longer…

1 Comment Add your own

  • 1. Lut C.  |  May 7, 2009 at 12:51 pm

    I’m mostly feeling curious, though if it is a negative I will be very sad.
    Being busy with a toddler helps a lot.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

Expecting Number 2… :)

My TTC History

Started TTC May 2005
RE diagnosed as unexplained in Feb 06.
natural IUI #1 March 06 - BFP, m/c :(
natural IUI #2 May 06 - BFN
clomid IUI #3 July 06 - BFN
femara IUI #4 August 06 - BFN

Skipping suggested injectables,
moving to IVF
Bloodwork: Oct 12 for lupron
ER estimated 1st week of Nov

25 eggs, 15 fertilized.
1 blast transferred, 6 frozen.
Precious baby Girl born in July 07.

After 2.5 years of Bliss since that BFP...

April 2009: Start of TTC #2.
(Going back for the embies I left)
Apr 15: Start of Natural FET cycle.
May 1: Transferred single blast
May 11: BFN :(
Straight to Natural FET #2
May 29: Transferred single blast
June 4: BFP!!!!
June 8: 1st beta - 177
June 10: 2nd beta - 506

Healthy baby Boy born 2010!

Fast forward several years...

June 2013: Surprised with a completely natural and completely unplanned BFP!
May 2009
« Apr   Jun »

Blog Stats

  • 80,413 hits

%d bloggers like this: