May 29, 2009 at 9:30 am 5 comments

Well it is 9:45am and I am already back home lying flat on the couch, with an already cleared bowl of pineapple next to me. I’ve brought my embie home.

This morning I woke up around 5:40am or so. The night was not really restful as I would wake or DH would wake and DD woke up at 3:30 and I ended up just bringing her to lie next to me cause it was the fastest way to get some sleep.
Once again, I had a dream, that I was in some weird environment at work and suddenly at 2pm, I thought, dont I need to take another shot today? So I started calling the office when it suddenly hit me, oh crap, I had a transfer at 7:45 this morning!!! I missed it!!!
It was good to wake up alarmed and look at the clock and see it was only 5am. I hadnt missed it – I could still make it!

That said, I still was running a little late. They wanted me there by 6:45 and no later than 7am. We got a very dissoriented DD up at 6:15 or so, so that she could have breakfast and have DH drop her off at 7 on the dot and then rush to try to join me before my transfer. We tried to all have breakfast together, although she didn’t want any. At least she gave me a kiss before I left. 🙂 I rushed out of the house a little after 6:30 and then realized I forgot my phone! I rushed back ringing the doorbell a millino times and knocking and then rushing to find it and zoom out of the house again. I was officially stressing. The clock said 6:43 or so, and I knew it could taqke 25 minutes.

I prayed to God and tried to calm myself as much as I could. Miraculously, almost every single one of the zillion lights was green and I was able to avoid a lot of the stop and go. Every minute, I would look down on my clock and see one more minute go by. I called the lab but they dont answer phones till 8am. Crap.
Meanwhile DH had left the house as well to drop off DD. This was the first time we were heading over there in separate cars.

The clock finally showed 7am and I still wasn’t there, but close. I was holding my breath and torpedo-ed into the parking lot at a little after 7. I then ran to get in but the door was locked. Yikes! Before I could panick though, I felt some mechanism unlock and the door got openl I walked into the lobby, still noone inside. But then the door on the other side unlocked very quickly and there was a smiling nurse there ready to greet me. I told her I was trying to make it as soon as I could and she waved it off saying not to worry at all and that I should not stress in the least. “No stressing here!”
I was put in room 2, and somehow then felt like OK, I’ve made it. My nightmares wont be coming true after all. I was in the room at 7:07.

I changed into my gown and we went over the fun paperwork part before DH got there. Just the usual stuff, while I tried to destress myself from being so freaked that I was late. I told the nurse I always have these dreams before transfer and she told me that she has the same whenever she has to take a plane flight the next dayl She is from Italy and would dream that she missed the plane or forgot her passport. At least Im not alone 🙂
She got ready to take my blood pressure. I thought oh Lord, I haven’t even yet calmed down and my reading of late had already been so high, I bet their machine is about to explode right now. I watched it on the screen and the numbers finally appeared. 137/70!! WOW. I had NEVER ever had a reading this low in this lab. Every time I’ve been here for a procedure (this was the 4th time in total), my numbers were always through the roof, which they said they see ALL the tiem because the patients are so excited at the time, so they dont really pay it any attention. Surprisingly, on the day that I drive myself, run late, and have had higher than normal readings of late to boot, my reading comes out OK! I even asked if the machine was OK. But was certaiunly happy to see that number.

The embryologist then walked in soon afterwards – same lady as last time. She asked if my husband would be joining me and I called him real quick to check on his status. He was just walking through the door – what wonderful timing!

She told us then, well, your embie looks GREAT. She said it had already hatched so it is definitely fully ready to implant right away. She said that the ratings for the compact cell mass (that would form the baby) the trophoblast outer shell, and the cavity, which is the 3 criteria they look at, are all rated a B, and it is really a B+, where some might feel it is an A. She said that rating a frozen embie is like having someone enter a beauty contest right after they have been through a blizzard. So not really fair to the embie, since it had to go through the tough process of freezing AND thawing, but this one happens to look really great. She gave us a picture of it, which I will need to scan in some time after my bed rest is over. The embie looked really huge. I guess it was a real close up! As always, it was pretty exciting to see it.

Soon, the RE walked in and asked if we are ready to start and if we have any questions first. We asked a few questions, like whether bedrest means I have to be totally flat on my back or whether I can be propped up. he said I can be in any position, back, side, front, but he would prefer totally flat, as this is the way they’ve always done it. At least for the first 24 hours and then I can resume light activity. The nurse had already gone through the discharge instructions with me earlier and I had asked if I can walk on the theadmill after the first 24 hours and she said unfortunately no – not until the pregnancy test. I shouldnt do anythign to get my heartrate too high up and to try to avoid lifting anything over 10 pounds. I guess that means my 30 pound DD will stay on the floor…
We asked the RE about my blood pressure, expressing concern that I had seen higher readings lately and he said it really won’t matter in terms of getting pregnant, but once pregnant of course the doctor would monitor blood pressure and make sure it stays low. I asked if something can bee done if it stays high and he said most definitely – I can be put on meds if necessary. Well, at least I know it can get under control.

Dh put on his space suit and we were ready to start pretty quickly! I got to wear a cool mushroom hat too. The nurse and DH wheeled me into the operating room and I alredy knew the drill of how to get set up.
The RE was in shortly and we began! I had my regular doctor this time and I must admit I like him SO much better. He explained everything as he did it and makes you feel totally at ease. This time the speculum was warm just like on my fresh cycle (yes!). Honestly, I barely felt aything. I just kind of serenely prayed the entire time that it goes smoothly.

And it really did. The ambryologist brought in my embie and they gently placed it inside. I didn’t feel a thing. In less than 5 minutes, I was being wheeled out again.
I was back in the room at 7:50. The RE came in again and Dh and I asked a few more questions. Dh was curious about the process of how they know that the embie is gone once they have inserted it into me, and he said that they flush the tube that it was in and study the liquid in a petri dish to make sure the embie is not in there. I asked how big the embie is. He said that you still need a microscope to see it so it is still pretty small, but not a very powerful miscroscope. I said that it is incredible that it becomes so huge in 9 months and he said it definitely is.

The nurse left me to relax and Dh and I just spent the hour talking. I was watching the clock as the last 20 minutes got pretty uncomfortable and I was waiting to use the bathroom. Exactly at 8:50 I pressed the button to call the nurse (she told me to press it if I need her at all) and the lovely nurse came back in, saying she was actually just coming in anyway. She told us we’re all set and ready to go! I could just get dressed and leave.
I didn’t even get a wheel chair this time. Dh and I pretty much just walked out. I asked up front if it was OK for me to drive myself home (since we had brought 2 cars) and surprisingly, after she checked, we were given the go ahead! In the end though we decided that DH would drive me home anyway and we’ll just pick the car up over the weekend. I enjoyed the company of the drive anyway.

When we got in the car, I realized I had left my water in the room. I was suddenly sentimental about it (yup, I’m crazy that way) and asked Dh to go get it, which he did. It was then that he told me that we had been in room 2 – I had thought it was room 1.

We drove home and I went straight to the couch and to eating pineapple. And that’s pretty much bringing it right up to date with…. NOW. I am gonna try to listen to the Anji CD today and just relax.

Stick little embie! Its nice to know that it is in me right now. And hopefully will be for the next 9 months…


Entry filed under: 1.

Thaw Day… Pineapples, Toddlers, and Fears…. Oh My…

5 Comments Add your own

  • 1. Flower  |  May 29, 2009 at 11:26 am

    Loved the details…just loved it 🙂

    Your dreams…and u were actually 7 minutes late is scary. But glad to know that today didn’t end like it did in your dreams. (wink)

    I am praying that you get a sticky BFP….are you going to test b4 the beta? Sending you some sticky vibes. (hugs)

  • 2. Jys  |  May 29, 2009 at 12:45 pm

    thank you so much Flower!! 🙂 You are such an encouraging reader!
    I will try to post the thawed embie photo as soon as I can since you wanted to see – it looks pretty much like the fresh ones do though.
    I know I will test a week from today, kind of like I did last time. That gives me the weekend to process the news whatever it may be. And my official beta will be on Monday… 🙂

  • 3. flower  |  May 30, 2009 at 6:50 am

    I usually don’t come back and read the comments….but today I woke up with you on my mind. I didn’t realize it would look like the fresh ones…that is encouraging to know…and now I know what to expect. (wink)

    I am so excited for you. I am praying that you get a BFP. I will be stalking you like crazy. I am so glad I got a chance to read your blog. You are such a great supporter. Thanks for the encouraging words of wisdom. 🙂

  • 4. Lut C.  |  May 30, 2009 at 2:13 pm

    Yeah! You made it to transfer! Keeping fingers crossed for you!

  • 5. Flower  |  June 1, 2009 at 3:33 pm

    Tag you’re it. I left u something on my blog.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

Expecting Number 2… :)

My TTC History

Started TTC May 2005
RE diagnosed as unexplained in Feb 06.
natural IUI #1 March 06 - BFP, m/c :(
natural IUI #2 May 06 - BFN
clomid IUI #3 July 06 - BFN
femara IUI #4 August 06 - BFN

Skipping suggested injectables,
moving to IVF
Bloodwork: Oct 12 for lupron
ER estimated 1st week of Nov

25 eggs, 15 fertilized.
1 blast transferred, 6 frozen.
Precious baby Girl born in July 07.

After 2.5 years of Bliss since that BFP...

April 2009: Start of TTC #2.
(Going back for the embies I left)
Apr 15: Start of Natural FET cycle.
May 1: Transferred single blast
May 11: BFN :(
Straight to Natural FET #2
May 29: Transferred single blast
June 4: BFP!!!!
June 8: 1st beta - 177
June 10: 2nd beta - 506

Healthy baby Boy born 2010!

Fast forward several years...

June 2013: Surprised with a completely natural and completely unplanned BFP!
May 2009
« Apr   Jun »

Blog Stats

  • 80,220 hits

%d bloggers like this: