Nothing Exciting other than Emotional Drama

June 15, 2009 at 11:55 pm 1 comment

Today I feel exactly as I did yesterday, which means I still do not have any classic pregnancy symptoms, and now that the memories of pee sticks and beta updates from the doctor seem to be becoming somewhat distant, I just live by faith that I am pregnant and firm refusal to think anything other than that everything will be OK.

While I have no nausea or any other noticable changes in my body, I have been OVERWHELMINGLY tired and also, extremely emotional. I was walking around the mall yesterday and I found myself looking around desperately searching for anything to “cry” at. This is a change I definitely see. I am weepy and extraordinarily emotional about everything.

Which is why I am really trying to be calm about my previous post, realizing that 10% of me is totally right to be upset the way I am, and the other 90% is totally blown up by hormones into letting it affect me a lot more than I should. I got a message from my mom and it is obvious that she is totally obliviously happy about our news, while I am sitting here still seething over her comment and have successfully made it the focus of my thoughts for the last couple of days. I am torn whether to bring the subject up with her or not. On one hand logic tells me there is no point and it will only create this unpleasant “thing” between us. On the other hand, emotional as I am, maybe I would be wise to say something if only to protect myself from any such future comments, which obviously affect me GREATLY. Is there a way to have the best of both worlds?

On the bright side, I talked to a friend who has absolutely no clue about my TTC journey and told her my little secret news and it was absolutely refreshing to just hear the normal wonderful comments that people make when a pregnancy is announced. I reminded myself why as much as I love to talk about it, it is still nice when someone just doesn’t know, and for a while just takes you away from it all.

I am of coure eagerly awaiting the heartbeat appointment. Next Friday seems even further away than it did last Friday. When I think about it, time just seems to drag one second at a time. I guess maybe that’s why preoccupying myself with being hurt over comments has a positive spin to it, in that it can take me away from obsessing about my sonogram date?

It certainly can’t come soon enough.

Advertisements

Entry filed under: 1.

Telling the first few people and some Bittersweet results. First Hints of Nausea

1 Comment Add your own

  • 1. pj  |  June 16, 2009 at 8:13 am

    Keeping busy is SO helpful! It’s still not like work-busy for me though. Teaching totally takes your mind off everything else!

    You could, drop the whole thing with your mom, and if she brings it up again, maybe flip out on her! Or not. 🙂

    It DOES seem like forever ago when the pee sticks and betas were coming in. I almost miss those days.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Expecting Number 2… :)

My TTC History

Started TTC May 2005
RE diagnosed as unexplained in Feb 06.
natural IUI #1 March 06 - BFP, m/c :(
natural IUI #2 May 06 - BFN
clomid IUI #3 July 06 - BFN
femara IUI #4 August 06 - BFN

Skipping suggested injectables,
moving to IVF
Bloodwork: Oct 12 for lupron
ER estimated 1st week of Nov

UPDATE:
25 eggs, 15 fertilized.
1 blast transferred, 6 frozen.
Precious baby Girl born in July 07.

After 2.5 years of Bliss since that BFP...

April 2009: Start of TTC #2.
(Going back for the embies I left)
Apr 15: Start of Natural FET cycle.
May 1: Transferred single blast
May 11: BFN :(
Straight to Natural FET #2
May 29: Transferred single blast
June 4: BFP!!!!
June 8: 1st beta - 177
June 10: 2nd beta - 506


UPDATE:
Healthy baby Boy born 2010!

Fast forward several years...

June 2013: Surprised with a completely natural and completely unplanned BFP!
June 2009
M T W T F S S
« May   Jul »
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

Blog Stats

  • 79,963 hits

%d bloggers like this: